New Potato, Grilled Asparagus, Deep Fried Collier’s Cheddar Cheese with Bacon and Pickled Onion RingsRecipes
New Potato, Grilled Asparagus, Deep Fried Collier’s Cheddar Cheese with Bacon and Pickled Onion Rings
Write a review
- 250g Collier’s Cheddar Cheese cut into 2cm squares
- 12 Spears of asparagus peeled and blanched
- 8 Slices of good dry cured streaky bacon
- 12 Medium sized new potatoes, cooked and cut in ½
- 1 Small White onion, peeled and sliced horizontally into 5mm slices
- 50g Mixed Seasonal salad leaves
- 10ml Olive Oil
- Squeeze of lemon juice
For breadcrumbing the cheese squares
- 100g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 100g Flour
- 2 Eggs beaten
To pickle the onion rings
- 250ml White Wine Vinegar
- 250g Caster Sugar
- Bring to the boil, add sliced onion rings, remove from heat and allow to cool
- Breadcrumb the Collier’s Cheddar squares by passing them through the flour then beaten egg and then finally the breadcrumbs ensuring every time that they are coated completely before going onto the next stage of the breadcrumbing.
- Heat a cast iron grill pan over a medium to high heat, put a little olive oil on the cooked potatoes and cooked asparagus and place in the grill pan to mark it and reheat them. Place the potatoes cut side down only. When all are coloured season with a little sea salt and keep to one side.
- In the same grill pan cook the bacon until well marked. Remove and put to one side.
- Cook the breadcrumbed cheese squares in the deep fat fryer until golden brown. Remove onto kitchen paper and season with sea salt.
- Toss each salad individually incorporating grilled potatoes, Bacon, asparagus and mixed salad leaves. Once on the plate, place equal amounts of deep fried cheese squares on each plate and garnish with pickled onion rings.
- You will need a small deep fat fryer at 180˚C for this recipe
Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar http://www.collierscheese.com/wp/