Collier’s Classic Welsh RarebitRecipes
Collier's Classic Welsh Rarebit
The classic Welsh Rarebit made with Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar
Write a review
- 3 egg yolks
- 50ml Welsh ale, such as Brains
- 1 tbsp mustard - try Double Dragon Welsh mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 200g Collier's cheddar
- 4 shallots - finely diced
- 3 x traditional muffins, cut in half
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Toast the muffins on both sides. Spread a layer of the cheese mix on top, quite thickly, and grill until brown and bubbling.
- If you like a Hot Chilli Rarebit, add 2 tsp of finely chopped red chilli to the cheese mix before grilling.
- Quick, simple and so tasty, use muffins instead of the usual bread for extra bite.
Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar http://www.collierscheese.com/wp/