Collier’s Cheese Stuffed MushroomsRecipes
Collier’s Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
This is a bit like a mushroom Welsh Rarebit. Tasty and comforting, it makes a satisfying supper dish or is stylish enough for a starter.
Write a review
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 flat Portobello mushrooms, stalks removed
- 5 small cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100g Collier’s Powerful Welsh Cheddar, grated
- 1 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 30g chunky bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 180° C / 160°C Fan / Gas Mark 4.
- In a frying pan, add the oil, and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft. Set a side to cool.
- Place mushrooms into a dish and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- In a bowl combine the tomatoes, half the Collier’s Cheddar, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper and cooked onions and garlic.
- Pile the filling into the mushrooms. Mix the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle over the top.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil and place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked and the cheese is a golden brown.
- Serve with a green salad.
Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar http://www.collierscheese.com/wp/