Collier’s Cheddar Cheesecake, Shortbread Crumble & pickled celeryRecipes
Collier’s Cheddar Cheesecake, Shortbread Crumble & pickled celery
Write a review
- 250g Grated Collier’s Cheddar Cheese
- 375g Cream Cheese
- 75g Sugar
- 15g Corn Flour
- Cream all of the above in a food processor
- 1 Whole Egg
- 200m Double Cream
- Pinch of Salt
- Add all of the above to the 1st mixture after creaming
- 40g Softened Salted Butter
- 60g Flour
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- Pinch of baking powder
- 30g Sugar
- Pinch of good quality Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine all the ingredients together in a food mixer thoroughly until they start to crumb together but not brought together as a dough. Pour out onto a non-stick baking tray and bake at 150˚C for around half an hour or until slightly golden in appearance.
- 8 Sticks of Celery – peeled and cut into thin strips
- 250ml White Wine Vinegar
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 2 Star Anise
- Bring to boil, add celery, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Place the Cheesecake mixture into a cling film lined baking dish so that it is no shallower than 4cm. Cook in a preheated oven at 150˚C for approximately 20 minutes or until set.
- When cooked remove from oven and return the mixture to the food processor and bowl you originally made it in. Add the Collier’s Cheddar Cheese and reprocess until smooth. Pour into a dish to set and allow to cool for at least 5-6 hours.
- Scoop out portions of cheesecake with a hot spoon and garnish with some shortbread crumble and pickled celery.
Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar http://www.collierscheese.com/wp/