Collier’s Cheddar Cheese and Proscutio French Toast ‘Raviolo’Recipes
Collier’s Cheddar Cheese and Proscutio French Toast ‘Raviolo’
Write a review
- 12 Slices of commercial white sliced bread
- 6 Thick slices of Collier’s Cheddar Cheese
- 12 Slices of Proscutio
- 5 Large eggs beaten
- 60g Mixed Chicory and romaine
- Olive oil and squeeze of lemon for dressing
- 50ml Rapeseed oil for frying
- Cut the crusts from the bread. Roll the bread, slice by slice through the pasta roller until it is compact like a sheet. Alternatively you can achieve this with the rolling pin.
- Wrap each piece of Collier’s Cheddar with a slice of proscutio and place in the centre of a piece of ‘rolled’ bread. Brush around the filling with some of the beaten egg and place another piece of bread on top. Firmly press the two ‘sheets’ of bread together around the filling.
- In a large non-stick pan, fry the remaining six slices of proscutio in a little rapeseed oil until crisp. Soak each ‘Bread ravioli’ in the beaten egg for 2-3 minutes, drain and place on a tray.
- Heat the remaining rapeseed oil in the large non-stick pan and gently shallow fry the bread raviolis until golden brown on each side.
- Cut in half and serve straight away with the tossed salad and crispy proscutio.
- You will need a pasta roller or good heavy rolling pin for this recipe
Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar http://www.collierscheese.com/wp/