Choux Buns filled with Collier’s Cheddar Béchamel and glazed with Seville Orange MarmaladeRecipes
Choux Buns filled with Collier’s Cheddar Béchamel and glazed with Seville Orange Marmalade
Stephen’s combination of sweet Seville Orange Marmalade and savoury Collier’s Cheddar Béchamel will surprise and delight your guests and be the talking point of any dinner party
Write a review
- 200g Seville Orange Marmalade
- 125ml Milk
- 125ml Water
- 100g Butter
- 2g Salt
- Bring all the above ingredients to the boil
- 150g Plain flour – Beaten into above when boiled and removed from the heat
- 4 Whole eggs – Beaten into the above one at a time
- 20g Butter
- 20g Plain Flour
- 250ml Milk
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 240g Grated Collier’s Cheddar
- Place the choux mixture into a piping bag and pipe 2 – 2½cm balls on a silicone baking mat, Place in a preheated oven and cook at 180˚C for approximately 10 – 15 minutes or until they are golden brown. Remove and cool.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and stir in the flour to make a roux. Cook over a low heat for
- 3 – 4 minutes to make a roux.
- Slowly add the cold milk to make a thick sauce, stir in the grated Collier’s Cheddar followed by the egg yolks and beat by hand, off the heat, to a smooth, silky consistency. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Gently warm the Seville Orange marmalade so it is just ‘unset’.
- Cut a small hole in the bottom of the individual choux buns and pipe some of the warm, thick béchamel into them. Dip them in the warm marmalade and serve.
Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar http://www.collierscheese.com/wp/