Cauliflower Soup with Collier’s Cheddar Cheese & ChivesRecipes
Cauliflower Soup with Collier’s Cheddar Cheese & Chives
A superbly tasty soup from a deceptively simple recipe
Write a review
- 1 Large White Cauliflower
- 1500ml Boiling water
- 100ml Milk
- 75g Butter
- Salt to taste
- 1 small bunch of chives – Finely chopped
- 200g Grated Collier’s Cheddar
- Bring the water and milk to the boil.
- Remove all green outer leaves from the cauliflower and finely slice the cauliflower using a mandolin.
- Heat the butter in a large (approx 20cm across) heavy bottomed pan add the cauliflower to the melted butter and cook over a medium heat with a lid on. Check the cauliflower every 3-4 minutes to ensure it is not catching on the bottom.
- Approximately 15 minutes after the cauliflower is cooked add the almost boiling/just boiled water and milk, bring to the boil and cook for a further two minutes.
- Remove from the heat, season with salt and liquidize. You do not need to pass the soup through a trainer.
- Pour into your bowls and sprinkle won lots of grated Collier’s Cheddar, Melt the cheese with a Chefs blow torch if you have one or place the bowls under the grill to melt. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar http://www.collierscheese.com/wp/