Breadcrumbed White Onion and Collier’s Cheddar Risotto Cake with a Radicchio and Chicory Salad and HoneyRecipes
Breadcrumbed White Onion and Collier’s Cheddar Risotto Cake with a Radicchio and Chicory Salad and Honey
Write a review
- 1 Large head of Chicory
- 1 Large head of Radicchio
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 10ml Olive Oil & Squeeze of lemon juice for dressing
For the risotto cake
- 180g Risotto Rice
- 550ml Chicken Stock
- 175g Collier’s Cheddar – Grated
- 1 Clove of garlic – Peeled and finely chopped
- 2 White Onions – Peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Small bunch of flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 20m Olive Oil
- Sea salt for seasoning
- 100ml Rape seed oil for shallow frying
For the breadcrumbing
- 100g Panko Breadcrumbs
- 100g Flour
- 2 Eggs beaten
- Heat 20ml of Olive Oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Bring the Chicken stock to the boil
- Soften the garlic, onion and parsley in the olive oil without colour. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the rice to the above and ‘toast’ in the oil for 2 – 3 minutes until it has a slightly translucent appearance. Add the stock and cook the rice until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is firm to the bite but not raw in the middle of the grain. Add the Collier’s Cheddar, combine, season and pour onto a shallow cling filmed tray approximately 2cm in depth. Cover with cling film and allow to fully cool in the fridge.
- Put the breadcrumbs, flour and beaten egg into three separate trays. Cut the risotto cake into the desired portions and pass each through the three trays ensuring every time that they are completely covered before the next tray.
- Heat 100ml of rape seed oil in a shallow frying pan and fry the breadcrumbed risotto cakes on all sides until they are golden brown in colour. Place the golden brown risotto cakes into an oven at 180˚C for 4-5 minutes.
- Toss the salad leaves in a little olive oil and lemon juice, adding the chopped chives and salt and pepper to taste. Place the hot risotto cake with some salad on a plate and drizzle with a little honey.
Collier's Powerful Welsh Cheddar http://www.collierscheese.com/wp/